Saturday, January 24, 2009

ABC's of Aging! We can all relate to this I think!!

ABC's of Aging
A is for arthritis,B is for bad back,C is for the chest pains. Corned Beef? Cardiac?D is for dental decay and decline,E is for eyesight - can't read that top line.F is for fissures and fluid retentionG is for gas (which I'd rather not mentionand not to forget other gastrointestinal glitches)H is high blood pressureI is for itches, and lots of incisionsJ is for joints, that now fail to flexL is for libido - what happened to sex?Wait! I forgot about K!K is for my knees that crack all the time(But forgive me, I get a few lapses in myM-memory from time to time)N is for nerve (pinched) and neck (stiff) and neurosisO is for osteo-for all the bones that crackP is for prescriptions, that cost a small fortuneQ is for queasiness. Fatal or just the flu?Give me another pill and I'll be good as new!R is for reflux - one meal turns into twoS is for sleepless nights,counting fears on how to pay my medical bills!T is for tinnitus - I hear bells in my earsand the word "terminal" also rings too nearU is for urinary and the difficulties that flow (or not)V is for vertigo, as life spins byW is worry, for pains yet unfoundX is for X ray - and what one might findY is for year (another one I'm still alive).Z is for zestFor surviving the symptoms my body's deployed,And keeping twenty-six doctors gainfully employed.

No comments: